Westdale has two properties, The main residential home for retirement and four flats next door. Both properties are converted Edwardian houses and share a site with spacious gardens in a pleasant residential area of West Bridgford.
The Home accommodation:
- Seventeen single rooms, all of which have en-suite facilities
- People can choose to have a kettle, small fridge etc (not supplied)
- There is a telephone point in each room and residents may have a telephone installed at their own expense and pay ongoing charges
- There is also a communal phone available with fibre broadband through out the home.
- Residents may furnish their own rooms for a more homely feel
- The contents of each room are insured up to the value of £500. Residents can take out their own additional insurance if required
The Home Facilities
- A vertical lift and separate stair lift give access to the first-floor accommodation.
- There are two comfortable lounges, one overlooking the front garden and the main access and a smaller lounge, which has a view of the well
laid-out rear garden.
- There is a spacious dining room, which is also used for social events.
- There is a beautiful conservatory to relax in.
- The peaceful gardens have areas for sitting out in good weather and a summer house for shelter.
- The gardens are maintained by ground keepers, however keen gardeners can get involved and there are also raised beds for the use of residents and a greenhouse to grow in. There are home grown produce and this is something to build on for those with an interest.