Westdale home is for retired men and women over the age of 65 who prefer not to cope with the responsibility of complete independence. The atmosphere is of a friendly community in which each person’s privacy is respected.
The aims and objectives of the home are:
- To provide a caring environment for elderly men and women, who for health or social reasons, no longer wish to live alone but do not need nursing care.
- To keep the costs to residents as low as compatible with good standards and efficient management.
- To maintain high standards of care following current recommendations and requirements.
- To promote independence, choice and diversity within the confines of personal abilities.
The Home accommodation:
- Eighteen single rooms, all of which have en suite facilities.
- Each room has a washbasin and unit with convenient power point e.g. for kettle, small fridge etc (not supplied).
- There is a telephone point in each room. Residents may have a telephone installed at their own expense and pay ongoing charges.
- Television sets are covered by a group licence.
- Residents may furnish their own rooms for a more homely feel although personal furniture and belongings must be removed on leaving.
- The contents of each room are insured up to the value of £500. Residents can take out their own additional insurance if required.
The Home Facilities
- A vertical lift and separate stair lift give access to the first floor accommodation.
- In addition there is a short stay room for use by prospective residents, their guests or for respite care.
- There are two comfortable lounges, one overlooking the front garden and the main access and a smaller lounge, which has a view of the well
laid-out rear garden.
- There is a spacious dining room, which is also used for social events.
- The peaceful gardens have areas for sitting out in good weather and a summer house for shelter.
- The gardens are maintained by gardeners, but there is also a raised bed for the use of residents who have an interest in gardening and a greenhouse for those who like to “potter”.